Meredith

Loving Life in the Lou

by Meredith on March 5, 2012

in In Saint Louis

Hi out there,

It’s been kind of a crazy week in the graduate SLP program. But then again, so what else is new? With spring break right around the corner, my to-do list has grown to (literally) two pages in length. Bleh. But it’s so worth it! I don’t want to do a lick of work for the entire week, so I’m in overdrive trying to get ahead. I’ll be spending a good part of the week at home in Maine, but I’m making it a point to back in the Lou in time for a concert that following weekend. There is an awesome venue on the Loop that I’ve been meaning to check out. It just so happens that one of my favorite bands will be playing there over spring break! I can’t wait. Every now and again I have to remember to embrace the city and really take advantage of my surroundings. I get lost in the shuffle of my responsibilities, so even seven months into being a St. Louisan, I am always finding new and exciting things to do. It helps that I have a friend who works for the River Front Times, the local paper that specifically highlights events going on in St. Louis. She just filled me in on Ironfork, which is a chef competition and restaurant showcase. Considering my “wish-list” on Urban Spoon is about twenty or so restaurants long, this will be a great way to get out there and try some samples! Man oh man, I sure do love eating my way through St. Louis :) It’s a GREAT city for foodies!

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Erica March 22, 2012 at 1:44 am

I’m such a foodie and St. Louis definitely encourages that part of me!

Meredith Meredith March 25, 2012 at 11:39 am

Agreed!!! :)