Fontbonne Fun-Filled Weekend – Priceless (Literally!)

in College Life,Extracurricular

As college students, we like to have fun. However, on a college budget, sometimes it’s hard to do everything we’d like to. That’s where Fontbonne comes in! Last weekend, it seemed like Fontbonne kept me busy from Friday morning until Saturday evening.

Friday morning I got ready with a few friends and headed down to the Fox Theater to watch the filming of America’s Got Talent! Fontbonne gave out free tickets to as many people who wanted to go. We even got free tickets for our friends who don’t go to Fontbonne. Outside we stood approximately 15 feet from judges: Howie Mandel, Howard Stern, and the darling Sharon Osbourne. One of my friends from Fontbonne also had a conversation with Nick Cannon while he was filming 15 feet in front of us!! You can look for me and the rest of the Fontbonne gang in June on America’s Got Talent St. Louis auditions! We had a lot of fun in the audience. We watched an acrobat act, a comedian, a few singers, and an awesome dance crew who I will be cheering for this season.

After America’s Got Talent, our group of friends headed to the baseball game to cheer on the griffins. All of our sporting events are free at Fontbonne so again, cheap entertainment! We got to see a pretty good game, right before we left in the 7th inning, the boys were winning 4-0. We topped off our night with Dewey’s pizza. Soooooo good.

On Saturday I had a free lunch with some of the other student ambassadors who were hosting an open house and speaking on panels. Then Erika and I went to the Esquire movie theater right around the corner from Fontbonne. The activities board purchased matinee tickets for all Fontbonne students who showed up to any of the six movies playing. Safe House with Denzel Washington is a “must see” in my book!

Watching America’s Got Talent- Free
Cheering at a baseball game- Free
Going to the movies- Free
Fontbonne Fun Filled Weekend… Priceless (literally!)

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Erica March 22, 2012 at 1:20 am

That was such a great weekend! :)