Lizzie

Upcoming International Events!

by Lizzie on February 21, 2012

in Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

Are you the type of person who is open to any culture, ethnicity, and values? Or maybe you love to try different delicacies or activities from all over the world? Well, guess what?

Fontbonne International Students Alliance (FISA) will be hosting two exciting events in March! First, we have the International Potluck and different students will bring in their home country’s food. There would be a variety from Taiwan, Chile, Brazil, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, and so many more! Come and enjoy delicious meals that you may not be able to try later :) This event will be held on Tuesday, March 6, 2012, at 4 pm on the first floor of Medaille Hall (AMC). You may even win a $5 Schnucks gift card if you’d like to bring in something you made!

Our other event is the Western African Dance Night. I know there are people out there who love to dance. How about trying out Western African Style? I bet they have some awesome moves. But one thing: Donate to Participate! This event is specifically held to help Fontbonne in Service and Humility (FISH)’s group in their trip to Africa! So if you’d like to join the dance, you have to donate. This event will be on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 7:00pm in the DSAC Aerobics Studio. Please come, have fun and support!

Diversity is awesome! I wouldn’t want to just hang with people from my own country alone. I love to meet different people and learn about their cultures. It wouldn’t hurt, right? Be open-minded to things. You’ll make others feel secured and happy. I’m sure you’d be happy as well :)