Elizabeth

And If It Takes Forever, Forever It’ll Be

by Elizabeth on February 3, 2012

I hate to use a quote from a song as a blog title because that seems to encroach on the territory claimed by a fellow unmentioned blogger (cough…Carly), but I’m listening to a live album from Ok Go, and there’s this song called “Last Leaf” that is super cute, so I thought I’d pull that line from it and use it as a title.

…and then I found ten dollars. (That line usually makes a story more interesting, right?)

Anyway, about things taking forever: I’ve learned a rather valuable lesson when it comes to that thing I dread called “studying” in the past week. If you’ve read my previous blog, you know that I started the semester out coasting and the difficulty level of things nowadays are forcing me to switch into all-wheel drive.

So. Studying. I’ve learned that it means reading the book before you get to class, then memorizing your class notes every night when you get home. Not like I’ve actually done this to the fullest yet, but that’s a goal for next week. I’m hanging onto things well enough, but it sure seems like the homework is a lot easier when you actually understand the material beforehand.

Hence, my new motto toward reading and studying is “And if it takes forever, forever it’ll be.” Thanks, Ok Go.