Deanna

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

by Deanna on February 13, 2012

in Academics,Campus Community,College Life

It feels like it’s been ages since I’ve blogged… It’s been roughly a month, and I have been adjusting myself to my new schedule. After that month-long break, it was hard for me to jump right back into classes. I can say that I am glad to be back in the dorms, I love being able to see friends at all hours, and it certainly is good to get that college experience of living away from home, and I am fortunate enough that my house is only about 15-20 minutes from here so if I need anything, I do not have to go far. The best part about living on campus is how convenient it is: 1. I rarely have a tough time finding a parking spot, because I hardly ever need to leave campus during the day and come back while the crowd of people are there for classes. Around 4 p.m. or so, everyone begins leaving and the lot becomes much emptier, so it is nice because I know that parking is one of the major problems for commuters. 2. I don’t have to wake up super early for my classes. I have an 8 a.m. class on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so it is nice not having to wake up any earlier than 7 a.m. ever. 3. I can nap between classes. On Monday, Wednesday and Fridays I have a two hour break before my last class, so it is nice to know that I can easily get back to my room and have time to take a nap and have no worries of being late to class. Living on campus really is great.

The reason I haven’t blogged in a while is because this semester I am trying to dedicate myself a lot more than last. I did really well last semester, I just know that there is room for improvement, and that I can stress myself out a lot less if I don’t procrastinate quite as much. I remember last semester my friend and I were talking about how we both had put off a 7 page paper until the week it was due and out of stress and frustration I just said to her “College is a procrastinators playground!” Which really is a good way to sum it up. Because if you procrastinate in high school, there is a good chance you may have a really tough time adjusting to your first semester of college. Even though you are not in school for as long during the day, that does not mean you have a lot of free time. College can get really busy and hectic. If you don’t manage your time well enough, it will bite you in the butt later on. I have learned this and not necessarily the easy way either. That is why I am trying harder this semester, and I hope to keep it up.