Courtney

Summer So Soon

by Courtney on February 24, 2012

in Academics,Career Paths,In Saint Louis

It kind of creeps me out how close summer really is when you sit down and think about it.  We are just a mere 16 school days until spring break, and Fontbonne’s summer class schedules are already out.  (By the way, kudos to whoever designed the covers - I was talking to some friends about the brightly-colored design, and we were laughing about the fact that they almost actually make summer school look fun.)  And just this morning, I went to the St. Louis Science Center in order to interview for a summer internship position in the Life Science Lab.  Wish me luck!

With summer just around the corner, I begin to reflect on the semester.  It seems like we just started this spring semester, but, at the same time, it does feel like we’ve been working through the same classes for a while, if my contradictory statement makes any sense at all.  I’m really enjoying my classes so far, and, though they’re definitely challenging, they’re so worth it.  I’ve figured out a study schedule that has been working out pretty well, and I feel as though I’ve learned a lot. 

But, there’s still a lot more to do, so I’d better not dilly-dally any longer.  I’ll have all summer to do that.  Well, sort of – it kind of depends on if I get the internship and on which summer classes I decide to take…