student by day, babysitter by night

in College Life,Extracurricular

Hi all!

This weekend’s post is being brought to you by late-night weekend babysitting. As a busy graduate student, finding time for a part-time job is limited. Between classes and clinic, my availability to work is nonexistent. However, I tend to spend money on brain food, coffee when I find myself camping out in Starbucks for an entire day, and I won’t lie… the occasional pedicure for stress relief. Babysitting is the perfect little gig to fund those needs for survival. It’s funny to think that someday relatively soon I will actually get paid during my actual 9-5 day, doing what I love to do. Believe it or not, I lose sight of that thought sometimes. I get so caught up in the moment that I forget about what my life will be like long-term when I’m out in the “real world.” It’s crazy to consider how different my future would look if I wasn’t at Fontbonne right now. Yeah, life is a little hectic at the moment, but it’s worth it. Finding a job in this day and age is difficult enough—finding one that you are head over heels in love with is another story. Somehow I’ve managed to get myself on a pretty decent track! First thing first: making it through this crazy semester…

-Meredith