My Rationale For Choosing Fontbonne

in New & Future Students

Hi all,

For the first time ever, I’m going to write along the lines of the weekly theme, which for this week is “Why Did You Choose Fontbonne?”  (Proud of me?)

Honestly, it all came down to, as the real estate agents say, “Location, location, location.”  I knew I wanted a school in Saint Louis so I could hold a job year-round and save money by living at home. This narrowed things down considerably, so I next considered the scholarships and financial aid the schools in the area had offered me, and Fontbonne was tied with another school as the best deal.

From there, I started thinking about how distance and school environment would affect my on-campus involvement. One school was about 40 minutes away from my house, while Fontbonne is only 20, and I knew that a 40 minute drive compared to a 20 minute one could end up hindering my social life because, frankly, I’m rather lazy and I knew I would be less likely to haul myself up to school for weekend events if I had to travel 40 minutes to get there.

Hence, Fontbonne was my school of choice.  Picking a college to attend is a really difficult decision to make, and I wish all you future-freshman the best of luck!