Ann

Playland at Mustard Seed Theatre

by Ann on February 6, 2012

in Campus Community

Fontbonne is blessed not only to have our student theatre department but also Mustard Seed Theatre, a professional company that performs out of our theatre. Since I am getting my master’s in theatre education, I know where the fine arts theatre is on the Fontbonne campus. However, I have had several students indicate to me they did not even know Fontbonne had a theatre. Well, kids, it’s time to do some exploring on campus, and go see Playland, the latest production from Mustard Seed Theatre.

Playland is visually beautiful; you are transported to an amusement park. But the three-character play is much more than that — it is a story of love, loss, guilt, forgiveness and hope. It is written by South African playwright Athol Fugard and is a piercing look at the effects of war and the struggle for redemption. “Playland” stars Charlie Barron and Eric Kilpatrick, and it is directed by Deanna Jent. It doesn contain adult language.

February 2-12
Thursday-Saturday 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 2 p.m.
(Pay what you can or pay with a can – Saturdays @ 2 p.m. – Reservations Required) Bring canned good and see the show for FREE!

To make reservations, call the Mustard Seed Theatre Box Office at:
314-719-8060