My Major

Figuring out what you want to do is always a tough decision. When I was a little girl I wanted to work at McDonald’s. Thankfully, your idea of a perfect job changes as you get older. Up until high school, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I didn’t even have ideas of what I would want to do. When I was high school, I had many ideas of what I thought I wanted to do with my life. I thought I wanted to be a teacher, a psychologist, or even a photographer. Honestly, those were careers that I was telling everyone because I was scared. I was scared because I did not know what I wanted to do with my life. I finally figured it out the middle of my senior year. Not exactly the most convenient time, but it worked.

At that time, I had realized that I wanted to be a speech pathologist. I was in between that and special education. There was a chance that if I majored in Special Education I would not get a job right away. I decided it would be best for me to choose speech pathology. My brother had gone to a speech pathologist when we were younger and it had always been interesting to me. Since I had finally decided on my major, it was time to pick a college! What better place to go then Fontbonne! They are known around the country for my major, and it would be stupid of me to go anywhere else. I am still in my freshman year, so I may still change my mind, but I am loving this major so far. Every class has been so interesting, and I have never dreaded going to a speech pathology class. It really is the right major for me.