WHAT MAJOR IS RIGHT FOR ME?!?!?!

First off, let me say that my major is the main reason I chose Fontbonne Universty. I am majoring in speech-language pathology, and I know that Fontbonne has one of the best programs around! But, you may ask, how did you decide on majoring in speech-language pathology? Well, first of all, my brother is currently nine years old, and he has been taking speech services since he was three. This year, he will graduate from the speech program! Yay! At three years old, he was barely intelligible, which made him a very aggressive and aggravated child since he could never get others to understand him. As he progressed through his speech program, he improved so much that today, no one would ever guess that he needed services. His demeanor is much more relaxed, and he does not get frustrated when communicating to others. This inspired me to make a difference in other people’s lives who also have language disorders. Second, my mom’s best friend is a speech-language pathologist and an alumni of Fontbonne University. She taught me about everything that goes into being a speech-language pathologist, and this really sealed the deal for me. In the future, I hope to be working in a hospital or nursing home setting, preferably with traumatic brain injury patients.

I am not going to sit here and tell you that I didn’t have my doubts about my major though. After taking a difficult class, I often feel like giving up on the major. But in my heart, I know that it is the perfect fit for me. What I am trying to say is that a class will only be temporary, whereas a career can last a lifetime. If the career is something that you really want to do, do not give up because of the difficulty. Keep pushing through and you will succeed! Good luck to all!