Heart Month

in Campus Community

Hello, Fontbonne Community! Yesterday, I was at a Walmart store and decided to check my blood pressure. I have been seeing a higher than my normal range after the birth of my baby three months ago. I was shocked to see that the reading was even higher — 145/90-hypertension 1. I realized that I cannot ignore taking serious action to engage in a healthier lifestyle. I want to promote the Wellness Fair on February 14, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the Medaille Hall AMC. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of checking your blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar numbers. I am not a health nut, but as a 32 year old black female, I know that I run a risk of diseases that I have to work hard to prevent and my weight is part of the problem. Many of you in the community might be younger than I am, but it is still important to get a physical at least once a year. Take advantage of Fontbonne’s free health fair as well as other facilities that promote health and wellness.