Good Ole’ Fonty!

in Academics,Athletics,Campus Community,New & Future Students

Hello all! Today is my first blog EVER! Exciting right?! My name is Ava Johnson and I am a Junior here at Fontbonne University. My hometown is Perryville, Missouri. For those of you who don’t know, Perryville is sort of considered to be a farm town. All the boys in town drive trucks (as well as a many of the girls!) and everyone knows EVERYONE. I graduated from Perryville High School in 2009. I love my small town because you can really count on just about anyone for just about anything. I was really nervous in trying to figure out where to go to school. Throughout my high school career I found that my niche was sports. I played volleyball, basketball, and soccer. There was NO WAY I would be able to quit playing when I went away to school. I was very timid when looking for a university that fit me. I didn’t want to be lost in the crowd and labeled as a number. My best friend is a year older than me, and she chose to attend Fontbonne. After visiting her a few times and taking a tour,  I immediately knew Fonty was my fit! The small community feel drew me in right away. The campus was beautiful, the basketball gym huge, and the class sizes small and personal. I consider myself to be a pretty smart person, and I knew that my main concern about school was academics and then athletics. The teachers and advisers I met with were really nice and made me feel completely comfortable and welcome. Not only were the people and academics a perfect fit, but athletics was too! I currently play for the university’s women’s soccer and basketball teams. I love the competition level as well as the commitment and passion my teammates and I have for the sports we play. Fontbonne has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge while at the same time, allow me to play the sports I love!

Until next time,

ava :)

p.s. Tomorrow we play Westminster Girls Basketball team at 6:00! It’s going to be a great game and we’d love to have more fans there!!