Ann

Fontbonne Past, Present, and Future

by Ann on February 20, 2012

in Academics,After College,Campus Community,Career Paths

I graduated from Fontbonne in May 1998 with a B.A. in Communications and Theatre. I always kept in touch with Deanna Jent and in 2010, I decided to come back and get my Masters in Theatre Education.  I had worked in Corporate America for awhile and found it was not fulfilling for me. I thought back in my mind and in my heart and thought, what makes me happy, what is missing from my life? The answer was theatre.

This brings me to my present. I am still working 40 hours a week and going to school part time. I am not going to lie, it has been stressful, but it has been rewarding. I cannot wait to finish up my classes, I am eagerly awaiting my student teaching. I want to share with students, my passion and love for theatre. Even if they don’t necessarily end up loving it, I hope they can learn from it and have a newfound respect for it. To me, theatre is about being present in the moment, being mindful, being agents for change. I think the Fontbonne community is lucky have a great theatre department and access to one of the best professional theatre companies in St. Louis- Mustard Seed Theatre.

I do not know what the future holds, but I would like to teach theatre at the high school or college level. I would also like to start up my own theatre company. My solid education and experience at Fontbonne has given me the confidence to go out and pursue my dreams!