Conner

Why Fontbonne? I’ll Tell You Why!

by Conner on February 8, 2012

in Academics,Campus Community,Extracurricular,In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

Hello everyone! This is the first blog I’ve ever written, so you may be asking, “Who are you?”. Well, this is my first year at Fontbonne University. I’m a fashion merchandising student and loving every minute of it! I love to shop, dance, cuddle with my cat Coco, and just live life! My hometown is a small town in Southern Illinois about two hours from campus. So why did I choose Fontbonne? Looking back on my senior year of high school, I had absolutely no idea where I wanted to be the next year, but I did know what I wanted to be doing; studying fashion merchandising. After a quick search in the Google machine and a campus tour I knew where I wanted to be–Fontbonne University. It was not a difficult decision for me to make.

After just a few months here, all I had once thought about FBU had been confirmed. The fashion merchandising program here is amazing. It has given me opportunities that I would not have been offered had I been anywhere else. Every day is a new lesson I learn that relates to my field of study, and I’m never bored with the program. Fontbonne is a relatively small university, and as soon as one steps onto campus you feel a sense of community, which is one of my favorite things about Fontbonne. You don’t feel like one in a million wandering around campus, you feel like yourself!

Overall, I chose Fontbonne because of the opportunities it provides me, the distance from my hometown and my twin’s chosen college, and because at Fontbonne I feel like they truly care about each and every one of their students. Life at Fontbonne is new and exciting every day. Whether you choose to go shopping, take a trip to the zoo, study, attend a campus event or game, or just spend quality time in the dorms, college life at FBU is an extremely enjoyable and rewarding experience!