Mareaka a.k.a. Free Hill

Disowning Valentine’s Day

by Mareaka a.k.a. Free Hill on February 15, 2012

I have come to the point in my life where I am learning or have found that there are more important things in life then what the world or society has led me to believe. Take for instance, Valentine’s Day. I was a true fan when I was single and now married. I have disowned the pagan holiday and decided that today was just another day in the week. I used to go out of my way, almost breaking myself to please that special someone, but my love to my husband and children are demonstrated every day and for free. I do not need a day to justify how to give love; it is already in me. The stores make the big bucks on holidays, and some people will not even be with the people that they are with now by summer. I’m just saying, I may sound like a bitter Valentine’s Day hater, but there are some things that should just be natural. Some people will be depressed because they may not have someone to receive a gift, but I say that true love begins with self. Whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day or not, you should know that you are already with someone special and that someone special is you. It is o.k. to to be sweet to yourself; others will see the true love that you possess and want to share it with you, too.