Deciding Factor… Fontbonne

in Academics,Campus Community,College Life

The question many people ask….Why did you choose Fontbonne?

After years of being undecided, while attending a community college I finally had a light bulb moment! – Fontbonne University “Learn more. Be more.” Its like that universal commercial, you can’t help but know the slogan – and this message speaks volumes. Fontbonne was always a lingering thought, simply because it was a more diverse option in all aspects. I like that there is a wide variety of personalities, all ages – all walks of life. Watching students and faculty on campus was motivating in a sense because I saw so many people do exactly what I yearned to do myself ….continue education.  My story is short and sweet – but not quite complete.  I was always interested in the dental field in forensics (Odontology — I know, right? that’s one big word to apply to a profession.) Being hopeful was not enough; I needed common drive and a network I could identify with. I saw these qualities in the students here at Fontbonne, and I began to ask questions like “what are you majoring in? …how do you like the intructors?…what career goals do you have?” – these were all asked while I was an employee within the Fontbonne community. Once I began to see more student activity and become a part of alumni events, I was convinced that there is a such thing as learning more and being more!!

You know that old saying ” ya’ learn something new everyday”….I am a firm believer in such a simple saying. While observing and taking notes among the population here on campus, I  learned that everyone has commonalities. Consider those you least expect to share great moments with – they also have a story to tell and an impression to contribute. Fontbonne was the choice for me because I became comfortable with my decision knowing that there are so many DIFFERENT people willing to help you succeed to become a better YOU!