Taking Control

in Campus Community,Faith

The last time I wrote I was utterly in despair over a health issue that I’m facing and gearing up for a fight with my insurance company. The good news is that I had a secondary policy that kicked in and my surgery went according to schedule last Tuesday. What wonders God can do when we relinquish control and hand life’s struggles into His hands.

I always considered Fontbonne and the Pathways program a blessing to a long awaited prayer to go back to college and complete my degree. I’ve said that if I had the strength and support that I’ve gotten with the Pathways program, faculty, and Student Ministries the first time around in college, I know I would have been successful.

But, God answered my long time prayer with the Pathways program. He has provided me with an understanding community of people that have empathy for me and my situation right now. They have made accommodations for me after my surgery when it comes to my homework and I truly feel they are praying and rooting me through my recovery process.

I know from experience what it is like to be just a number at a college and not to get the personal attention and care that you need when life hands you bad news. This is why I am thankful that my path to getting my degree is at Fontbonne, a place where I’m not just a number or a check to the business office but a real caring, feeling person.

Blessings on your week. I pray that you remember this week no matter what life throws your way that God is in control and to let Him take the wheel.

Sherry