Bon Appétit, Saint Louis!

in College Life,Extracurricular,In Saint Louis,New & Future Students

One thing that I think makes St. Louis a great place to live is the food. The bountiful, diverse, succulent… FOOD. I speak not just of restaurants, but of stores as well: as an admitted health nut and tree-hugger, I am delighted that my organic kombucha tea and chia seeds are simply a 7 minute Whole Foods trip away. And don’t get me started on the Soulard Farmer’s market!

Of course, the restaurants in St. Louis are nothing to scoff at either. I’m a big fan of Asian food, and I’m quite pleased with the selection at The Drunken Fish in the Central West End as well as at Thai Too in Webster. If you’re more of a meat and potatoes kind of person, I can secondhandedly vouch for that as well – when I was younger my parents and I would go out to eat at McGurk’s Irish Pub in Soulard or Citizen Kane’s in Kirkwood. And I can’t forget all the Italian food I’ve eaten on The Hill! Speaking of ethnic food, you can find all kinds of crazy eateries on South Grand Boulevard. I could go on and on! Whether you’re into the organic macrobiotic lifestyle or a die-hard carnivore, anyone can find something good to eat in the STL. :)