Marielle

RecycleManiacs

by Marielle on January 25, 2012

in Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

Well, it’s the second week back, and I hope everyone is getting into the swing of things.

For me, that means Environmental Club! And for Environmental Club, that means promoting our activities for the spring semester. I won’t give everything away, but I will throw in a plug for our next major event – and since it lasts 8 weeks, it really is major!

What I’m talking about is RecycleMania, which is a competition between colleges across the country to see who can collect the most recyclable materials within the 8 week period from February 5th to March 31st. We dabbled in this for the first time last year, but this year we are hoping to make a bigger splash. We will be weighing our recycling containers each week to report our numbers, and the Environmental Club will be posting the results on our bulletin board.

Regardless of whether we win our division, hopefully we can get Fontbonne fired up to do some major recycling!! :)