What Doesn’t Kill You…

by Alumni Posts on January 27, 2012

in Academics,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

Ask any of my friends, and they will tell you that I love music.  I hardly ever go anywhere without my iPod.  But even though I love music, I generally wait around a while before I buy a new song.  I usually listen to the song for days on end on YouTube before I officially decide if I want to use some of my iTunes credit to purchase the song for download.

This, however, was not the case with Kelly Clarkson’s relatively-new song, “What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger).”  I heard the complete song for the first time this week, and I immediately bought it this morning.  I know that the song technically revolves around romantic relationships, but I totally saw a connection between the song and college.  There have been so many times that I thought I’d never make it through my classes.  First it was statistics, then calculus, then organic chemistry I last semester – I really began to wonder about my abilities and about my choice to be a biology major.  But, now that I’ve made it through those classes, I do feel a lot of pride in myself and in the work that I’ve accomplished.  It’s sort of a “been there, done that” feeling that I can feel good about.

I have a lot of difficult classes this semester (including the ever-dreaded organic chem II), so I’m sure I’ll once again be questioning myself.  But, then again, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,” so I should be VERY strong by the time I graduate in two years.

PS – Here’s my CAB plug.  Tonight is our CAB/RHA mixer, planned by Elizabeth, Steph, Erica, and me.  It’s sort of an open house for the newly-repainted Griffin’s Nest.  It starts at 7, and we will be having free (yes, free) Gus’s pretzels, soda, games, music, and prizes.  So get your friends together and head on up to the Griffin’s Nest on Medaille’s 4th floor!! :)