Carly

Sometimes I’m Just Happy I’m Older.

by Carly on January 25, 2012

in Academics,Campus Community

What a way to celebrate my 20th birthday: 7 AM wake-up, 8 AM Organic class. I’m not sure which is more fun: having my birthday fall on move-in day for second semester (as it did last year) or having my birthday fall on the first day of classes (as it did this year). Anyway, despite the fact that I had to spend it doing homework, yes, my birthday was still pretty good—thanks for asking. I’m pretty sure I don’t look like I’m twenty. And apparently my priest at my church at home doesn’t think so, either. My case in point: earlier last semester, he asked me how high school was going. Then I had to point out to him that I’m a sophomore….in college. Totally embarrassing. I guess that’s what I get for going home every weekend!

I wish I had something more enlightening to discuss this week, but, unfortunately, despite the fact that I’m a year older, I don’t have any sage advice to be shelling out to anyone reading this. So, I guess I’ll be like all of the other old folk out there and read in my anatomy book before I retire to bed early.

Have a fabulous rest of the week, everybody!

-Carly

“We’ve Been Had” by The Walkmen

P.S. While on the subject of old people, please check out what is arguably my favorite music video ever, for the song “Wait & See” by Holy Ghost!. It features the fathers of the guys of Holy Ghost! pretending to be their sons. It’s pretty hilarious if you try picturing your dad lip singing and wearing skinny jeans in a music video. Plus, as always, the images of New York are super awesome. (In case you haven’t noticed, I’m still not off of my Holy Ghost! kick quite yet…)