Deanna

Eventful First Night Back

by Deanna on January 19, 2012

in Campus Community

Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. day, was our first day back in the dorms. It was very exciting to be back in our own little homes away from home, and great to see everyone as well. Just after I got back from the DSAC for dinner, my work called me in to close, so I sadly missed out on hanging out with my friends for the first night. Then when I got home from work, just as I got to my door, I realized that my key was not on my key ring. I started freaking out and was worried my roommate was asleep and I would have to find an RA to get in. Luckily my roommate was awake, so I set my things down in my room and then went to retrace my steps to see if I could find my key. I stopped by my friends’ room and asked them if they had seen my key, one of my friends said she had seen it in the hallway but did not pick it up. I gave up and decided I would worry about it the next morning. Just as I was brushing my teeth and getting ready to go to bed, I heard a voice down the hall say, “where’s Deanna? I think I found her key!” It turns out that someone had picked it up and placed it on the top of the trashcan. I then went to bed relieved and ready to rest up for the first day of classes. It then decided to storm and so I woke up to close my window and then again a half hour later to sirens going off. I peeked out the door to see if anyone else was up and our RA was knocking on everyone’s door telling us to go downstairs because Public Safety wanted us to. So we were all sitting in a hallway for about 15 minutes and then we were allowed to return to our rooms.

Although it was quite an eventful first night back, I still got enough sleep and was fully prepared to begin classes. I am glad to be back to The Joe! :)