Winding Down and Wrapping Up

by Alumni Posts on December 2, 2011

in Academics,Extracurricular

It’s hard to believe that this semester is all but over.  It seems like just yesterday that I was trading in my sunblock and swimsuit for a monstrous organic chemistry book.  But here we are, at the gateway to Christmas break.

Yesterday, I was talking about the semester with my friend and fellow blogger, Carly.  We agreed that this semester has definitely changed us.  This semester has challenged us in ways that we never saw coming.  As for me personally, I definitely learned a lot more about my personal strengths and weaknesses, and I think I definitely realized what my true passions in biology are.

Even though this week has been stressful with lab practicals and classes winding down, I still have a lot to look forward to.  Tonight, I’m going skating at Steinberg in Forest Park with Fontbonne, which should be hilarious because I haven’t ice skated since I was in the second grade with Girl Scouts.  And tomorrow, I’m going to see Mustard Seed Theatre’s production of “Godspell” with two of my closest friends.  Next week is CAB’s scooter races event and the biology department’s Christmas party. 

So as the semester winds down, it’s time to wrap up all of the projects and studies that I still need to complete.  Which reminds me, I also need to wrap up some Christmas presents that I have yet to buy…just go ahead and add that to my to-do list.  :)