This Year I Am Truly Thankful

In my twenty years of living, I think this year is the year I truly am thankful for the Thanksgiving holiday and for my family. I went home for the weekend to get some family time in before basketball season really starts to pick up. Sunday is a tradition for our family to come together and prepare a nice, home-cooked meal together. This Sunday was extra special because we had three extra guests added to our dining room table. My older sister had her fiancĂ©, my boyfriend drove up from St. Louis to Springfield to join us, and my baby sister had her football star boyfriend attend as well. Dinner lasted over an hour, full of good times and reminiscing about our childhood years. Unfortunately I had to drive back home after dinner, but the whole time, I was thanking the Lord for blessing me with good people to surround myself with. How nice of a dinner it was didn’t matter; the fact that all of us were in good spirits, healthy, and our loved ones could join us, meant the world to me. I am extremely thankful for the unforgettable night. College students would fight for more hours in a day. Sunday I was not going to stress; I put all my homework aside, phone in my purse, and concerns/worries out the door to soak up all the good times. In my eyes, this was totally worth it.