Super Busy Week

in Academics,After College,Career Paths,Extracurricular

Wow. Not sure how this happened, but I’m swamped this week. Something about my approaching graduation has given me a ton to do. This is painfully ironic, because I’m really taking 6 hours right now (12 total this semester, but I’ve already finished 2 classes). You’d think I’d have all the time in the world, but somehow… no.
Here’s a small taste of my to-do list for this week:

- I have a pitch for advertising senior seminar this week, to be delivered Thursday morning. The presentation itself isn’t the problem – it’s getting all the creative ideas together and preparing to present these ideas in an exciting, meaningful way! I love these projects, because even though they’re tough, they’re really good at making me feel more prepared for the working world.
- I need to start applying to jobs for after graduation! I’ve gone through the list of 70+ agencies I assembled over the summer, and sorted them by levels of interest. There are 13 or so in the first group, the agencies I want to work for the most, and so I need to get a move on an apply to all of those agencies this week!
- My GRE scores come in Tuesday. Hopefully I did well! I guess I’ll find out. Once I get that going, I need to get my application for Yale rolling. I don’t think that will be too tough, but it’ll definitely take some time!
- I have a lot of things to do to prepare for graduation! I need to register for a bunch of events, which means I need to understand when the events are and what they entail. I need to be ready to get my cap and gown. I need to do exit surveys, for both the university and for my financial aid.
- I was invited to apply for Kappa Gamma Pi, a prestigious honors society that apparently less than 500 people have been inducted to here at Fontbonne since 1927. I was invited because of my impending graduation with Summa cum laude Latin honors. I’m excited, but the application takes time and energy!

And that’s not all of it. On the bright side, once I finish a lot of this list, I’m done with it and I’ll be able to breathe a little easier!

To conclude with a valuable life lesson, remember that keeping track of your priorities through checklists is a valuable skill! It’s definitely helped me be successful throughout college. Knowing everything you have to do is step one; doing it is step two. Well… here goes!