Let’s Go Ride a Trike

in Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

I’m only a sophomore, but I’ve already picked up on the fact that the fall semester at Fontbonne goes into overdrive after Halloween. Soon after Halloween comes Thanksgiving break.  And then it’s just a few mere days until the much-dreaded exam week, followed closely by the ever-popular Christmas break.

With all of the craziness of the winding-down semester upon us, it’s important to allow ourselves some time to decompress. CAB (The Commuter Advisory Board) gave everyone an opportunity to do so this past week by bringing back everyone’s favorite toddler activity – tricycle races.

Many of you may not know that I’m on the CAB executive board in addition to the BSO executive board. But, well, I am. And as a member of the executive board, I was lucky enough to be the one to test out the figure-8 track that we had taped out on the DSAC floor. (We were very proud of our innovative track, by the way…)

All in all, I think the CAB tricycle races were a success. The winners were pleased to win Bread Co. gift cards, and the losers, well, there really weren’t any losers because everyone had a good laugh and experienced a great sense of camaraderie. 

We had so much fun that I think Mary Poppins encountered a moment of confusion while singing her famous song. Who wants to “go fly a kite” when they can “go ride a trike”???