Amanda W.

Halloween.

by Amanda W. on November 2, 2011

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

I feel like this year Halloween wasn’t just one day but was a whole weekend. Since I was a little kid I always loved this holiday. What could be better? I got to dress up, stay out later, get way to much candy, and there was no school the next day. Although, I’ve grown out of most of the things that I loved about Halloween, I still love Halloween, for many reasons.

There are so many things that made this weekend great, first the Cards won the world series. I’m not really much of a sports person, but I have to admit that watching game 7 last Friday was a great way to start this Halloween weekend.

No matter how old you get, carving pumpkins never gets old. For the past few years I have been getting together with one of my friends from high school to carve pumpkins together. I have to admit we get pretty into it and try to carve the most interesting designs that we can think of. Although I’m not very artistic, I like to think that I’ve gotten pretty good at this.

One of the things I love about St. Louis is there is usually always something interesting to go to. In October, there are 3 haunted attractions around the city. This weekend I went to ‘Creepyworld’ for the first time. I am a huge fan of horror movies, so I was pretty excited to go. There are three attractions in St. Louis: Creepyworld, The Darkness, and Lemp Brewery. I was only able to go to Creepyworld, but I have to say I was really impressed. There was so much detail put into the set and I even got freaked out at times. I would most defiantly got next year again.

So I guess it’s safe to say this weekend was a great one. I spent time with my family and my friends. I love that the weather is getting colder. I am kind of sad that October is already over but that just means I can start looking forward to Thanksgiving!