Saying Goodbye

in Academics,Campus Community

This past Monday was Dr. Dana Homsi’s last day at Fontbonne. Dr. Homsi was our lab technician; that meant that he did numerous jobs for us, including prepping the labs for our experiments, cleaning up the labs after we had had our fun, and explaining the intriguingly-complex concepts of chemistry, organic chemistry, calculus, and, well, everything in between to all of us biology students.

Dr. Homsi wasn’t just a great lab technician; he was also a great person and friend of mine. Not only did he teach me some really cool lab techniques, but he also always had a fascinating story to tell. I’ll always be grateful to Dr. Homsi for all he did for me.

Saying goodbye is always a difficult task, especially when the person to whom you’re saying goodbye has had a major impact on your life. I think that I can speak for a lot of bio majors when I say that Dr. Homsi definitely impacted us in the most positive of ways.

Thank you, Dr. Homsi, for sharing your time and talents with us, and good luck with all of your future life endeavors. And I’d like to extend a hearty welcome to Mrs. Shannon Rapp, our new laboratory technician. I look forward to getting to know you!