The Future Soon

in After College,Campus Community

I recognize the recurring theme of graduation in my posts. Bear with me, here – the reality of the situation hasn’t completely set in, so I think about it often.

As I get closer to graduation, I’m starting to think about what I’m going to miss. Odds are, I’ll move away from St. Louis. But… I really like this city! I’m really glad I took a chance and moved out here. I thought, when I first decided to come to St. Louis from Rochester, NY, that there was just so much to do and see (and eat!!) here… and really, I was right. I’ve really come to enjoy this city.

And what about the people? There are a good number of friends I made that I realistically don’t know if I’ll ever see them again after I walk the stage. I’d like to stay in touch with so many of them – there are so many people here I’ve met who I’ve just come to know and appreciate so much. (Don’t get me wrong – I’m totally planning on unfriending a lot of people on Facebook after graduation, too! Hahaha.) How many of these people will I really be able to stay in touch with?

The future is still pretty scary. I’m happy to say I have a great sense of direction by now – I think I know where I’ll be in the next six months, which is really all I’m asking for right now! But there are still a lot of unanswered questions. All the same, I’m going to walk the stage in a month (as of Thursday!) with a lot of confidence and a firm sense of potential. Everything is going to work out one way or another, and I’m ready to make it happen.