Forgetting the “Small” Details

This past week I submitted my homework and felt there was nothing left to do but enjoy the weekend with family and friends. I spent a good portion of Saturday with some co-workers scrapbooking at the Scrap Shack… yes, it really does exist.

During our time together we shared lots of laughs, memories, and of course food. But I had the lingering feeling that there was something missing. When I got home that night and both my kids were in bed I knew exactly what detail had been missing all day- my kids and hubby.

Although, I was so blessed to have a day away to be creative and hang with friends the main focus of my world was missing. So, with that in mind as the holiday season starts up, I vow to remember my small details — Ted, Emily and Dale in everything that I do. I will do this through not merely words but my actions and activities. That is why when I got my postcard about Christmas Around the Campus this week that I knew I had to make sure that I got in our RSVP.

We went as a family last year and were astounded by the campus, the students and faculty. Both Ted (my hubby) and I felt the positive spirit and direction that Fontbonne has. My son, Dale, who was ten at the time, wrote a letter to Santa that he was sure was just somebody there at Fontbonne. I told him to not be so sure — such a little skeptic. A couple of weeks following Christmas Around Campus, he received a letter from Santa, and it had all the stuff that he had wrote about, along with talking about being older and being skeptic… hmmm, should he have ever doubted Santa?

We loved every aspect of Christmas Around Campus from the rolling hamster/snowballs to Mrs. Claus’ cookies and the buggy rides and so much more. We were sad that we had to make it a day trip and didn’t get to spend more time there. So, if you have a doubt about helping with Christmas Around Campus or attending it, I would encourage you to do so. For all of you “elves” who were there last year, I thank you, and for all of you racing around this year, my family thanks you too. Thanks for making a difference by paying attention to all the small details.

Blessings on your week- Sherry