Now You’re Cooking

in Campus Community

I love fall, the leaves changing colors, the weather getting chilly, sweaters, and of course cooking! I remember my first time at college at Northwest and there was nothing better than getting together with a group of friends for a home-cooked meal. My friends and I would gather our money, groceries, pots, pans and an oven and make a home-cooked meal every so often. The fun we shared along with the expenses and time cooking the meal makes those times some of my favorites.

With this in my mind, I came upon a recipe for “Thanksgiving in a Pot” I knew I had to share it. I found the recipe of course on my favorite new site, Pinterest. But it originally came from The Cottage Home blog site. It can be found at : http://thecottagehome.blogspot.com/2009/11/slow-cooker-thanksgiving.html

The recipe is as follows:

Thanksgiving

(in the Crock-Pot)
Ingredients:
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables (I used corn, carrots, peas, green beans and broccoli)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or whatever you have on hand)
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 box cornbread stuffing
1 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon thyme
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Empty frozen mixed vegetables into your crock-pot.  Lay frozen chicken on top and then the sliced onion on top of that.  Pour cream of chicken soup on top and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.  Prepare stuffing according to package directions and spread the stuffing on top of your frozen chicken.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

I am making this as I write and it smells awesome and was about ten bucks to make. So, here’s to you gathering your friends, pooling your resources and having as Greenday would sing, “the time of your lives”.

Blessings dear souls- Sherry