Amanda W.

Choosing Classes for Spring.

by Amanda W. on November 11, 2011

in Academics,Career Paths

So it’s time to pick classes for spring. I’m only a freshman in my first semester but there are a few things I’ve already picked up about choosing which courses I want to take next semester.

I still find it hard to believe that I’m almost finished with my first semester of college and I can say I’ve never been happier. Although there are still a few things about being a college student that I haven’t gotten completely used to. One of those would be registering for classes. It’s not that I find it difficult… just different.

There are a few things I have found to be helpful as I planned for next year. First, it’s important to know what time of the day you like taking class. I have learned that it’s hard for me to get up for a class that is early in the morning. I find it hard to get to my 9 AM class so therefore an 8 AM class is probability not the best idea for me. ¬†Also I find that talking to my advisor helped me out so much. I made a separate appointment with my advisor so I could ask some questions I had regarding my major. I found it was very helpful to speak with her before advising week to give me some times to think about my future.

I guess to sum all this up, I found planing for my classes to be kinda… well, fun. Maybe I’m a nerd (haha) but I’m excited to see how next semester goes. And I wish everyone good luck as they pick their classes!