Sherry

Casting Away Doubts

by Sherry on November 28, 2011

“Do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise” (Hebrews 10:35-36 NKJV).

I am reflecting on this Bible verse as I am going into the holidays and preparing to finish this semester at school. I know that the simple pleasures of everyday life for me are waking up and being with my kids, working in my art room, cooking family meals and for all those things I’m confident in my abilities.

Now, when it comes to school and working on finishing the remaining assignments that are big ones and having a huge test in one of them that I become intimidated. I start to lose focus and perspective because of the task at hand and I feel at times that I’m insignificant. This is when I’m so encouraged by the words of God from the verse — “Do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.” It makes me choose to think that God is right beside me and saying to me don’t give up. Through the verse I’m given hope that He will give me the endurance, memory, and time to do the work required for my classes. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel not only for finishing the work for this semester but going the distance in finishing my degree.

I know that with my degree I will be able to change the lives of my students and help them make it through when they have doubts. What a sweet reward that will be in my life and prayfully those around me.

May Thanksgiving break give you the confidence to continue on with your studies, your lives, and dreams of the future. Remember that God is by your side and is your biggest fan.

Blessings- Sherry