Just Call Me Paula

One thing that has been consuming a lot of my time lately is my Food Science class. You may recall me mentioning before that it is one of my favorites – still very true! But final project time is coming around, which means I am preparing to give a live food demonstration in front of my class and professor. I’m pretty pumped about it, but it’s certainly a lot of work!

If you ever watch people like Rachael Ray or Paula Deen on TV, you know what I mean when I say they make it look easy. But behind the scenes and before the camera rolls, I’m sure they are putting in just as much (if not more!) effort than I am putting into my project. The recipe that my partner and I are making is a Black Bean and Quinoa Salad – it’s easy and quick, so that makes it great for a live demo. We also have to touch on certain aspects of the recipe during our presentation – things like the nutrition, taste, science, economics, and food safety of the recipe.
In a way, having so many criteria is nice, because it gives some structure to what could have been a looming and confusing project.

Anyway, it’s really been fun to work on it so far, and I’m looking forward to getting up there and acting like a Food Network Star… So wish me luck! 🙂

Published by

Thoughts on life at Fontbonne from former student bloggers, now alumni. Once a Griffin, always a Griffin.