Volleyball

in Athletics

I started playing volleyball in 3rd grade on a CYC team for a church near my house. I loved the sport and always thought I was decent at it, but didn’t want to go anywhere with it. Then when I hit eighth grade, my gym teacher (during the volleyball unit) told me I was good and should try out for club volleyball. I was unsure as to what that even was, so I thought I would give it a try. I went to the tryouts and actually made it. I was shocked because I didn’t think I was good enough to even play volleyball at a competitive level. Not knowing what to expect, we had our first tournament. I went in owith an open mind and thought whatever happens, happens. Ends up that I LOVED IT! I went on continuing to play club all through high school. I was a starting varsity player ever since sophomore year. I really enjoyed the coach and the team a lot. Then my senior year came around, and we had a GREAT team… We ended up winning state with an undefeated record of 35-0. Now, not to brag or anything, but that is something that not many people can say that they accomplished. When the Fontbonne Men’s Volleyball coach contacted me to play, I was ecstatic. I immediately said yes. I came on campus and then got a text from one of the seniors on the team about our first open gym. My stomach dropped. I didn’t know anyone on the team, didn’t know that coach, and didn’t even know how I would do at the college level. I was scared! Now that I am into volleyball for a month, I love it here. The boys are awesome, the coach is awesome, and I can hold my own out on the court. Thanks to all my coaches in the past who have got me to where I am today.

COME WATCH THE FBU MENS TEAM PLAY STARTING IN JANUARY!!! :)