Re-Do

This week when I checked my e-mail I found an e-mail from one of my professors stating that I had done an assignment wrong. Instead of criticizing me or letting me know I lost the points he simply stated he had erased the incorrect assignment and asked me to re-do the work and told me how.

This got me thinking what a gracious gift a re-do could be whether it would be in school or in life. There are times that I submit an assignment after spell checking it and re-reading it and then find an error. Darn, it stings when the professor finds the error too. It stings as well in life when a friend, family member or a complete stranger finds an error, wrong doing, or criticizes you. At those times it would be awesome to have a re-do button to help with a quick reply, a sorry or a “will you forgive me?”.

This week I’m so thankful for my re-do I was given in my class because it gave me time to reflect on the things that have been happening in my life. Although, this past weekend I couldn’t push a re-do button and have things work perfectly with my estranged mom and brother, with whom I was able to reconnect with. I know that there have been painful things said and done by all three of us, but by God’s grace we are being pulled together into a re-do relationship. I hope and pray that I am able to bond again in a positive way with my mom as she is facing brain cancer. I also pray for a peace to overwhelm her, myself and my brother.

I pray for the quiet peace that a re-do can do for you not only in school but in life.

Blessings- Sherry