Courtney

Rally Squirrel!

by Courtney on October 18, 2011

in In Saint Louis

With the Cardinals now officially participating in the World Series, it’s a great time to be a Saint Louisan.  All of my friends (and even my professors) are overly excited about tomorrow night’s Game 1.

You may wonder why I’m blogging about the Cardinals.  After all, most of you probably know that I’m a theatre and biology person.  I’m really not all that interested in sports; however, baseball is the one sport that I can (and do) get in to.  (I think I like baseball so much because of the score cards.  I love being able to keep a written record of the game, plus it makes me pay attention to what’s going on during the game!)

My family was lucky enough to get some of the last single tickets available for Friday night’s game against the Brewers.  So, my parents, my friend and fellow blogger Elizabeth, and I bundled up in hoodies, jackets, gloves, and hats in order to take our seats in the third row from the top of the stadium.  The game was a very exciting one, and it was pretty quick at only 3 hours 9 minutes. 

Elizabeth and I agreed that our favorite parts of the game occurred when a Rally Squirrel mascot came out with Fred Bird to cheer on the Cards.  (For those of you who are unaware, a squirrel ran across home plate a few times during previous postseason games, so now everyone, including the Cardinals, have joined the “Rally Squirrel” bandwagon.)  It was really funny to see a squirrel throwing out prizes to the crowd!

So enjoy being a Saint Louisan during this exciting time, and good luck to the Cardinals as they begin the World Series.  And, in the modified words of the great Jack Buck, “Go Nuts, Folks!  Go Nuts!”