The Power of a Hug

in Our Causes

There are no words that can be said to compare to a hug. There is something special about embracing someone that is unexplainable. We hug when we are excited, we hug when we are happy, and we hug when we are sad; and they all help in some way. I read an article a while ago that there is a healing power when you hug. When it comes to our health, there is nothing more stress relieving and cozy about a hug. Human beings need this physical contact to feel connected.

Yesterday I had a friend who got some bad news he can’t play basketball anymore. He had this look of complete sadness all over his face. As he walked by me, every part of me wanted to say something to cheer him up but I didn’t have the words. I reached out and gave him a hug and a smile was slapped on his face. Later that night he thanked me and said it made him feel so much better. The hug was free, took no time as all, and it means more then you really know. Always remember a good hug can always increase your mood more then other things. When you see someone that isn’t feeling their best go out and try it. I promise you it works.