Mid-term Travels

in Academics,After College,Career Paths,Extracurricular

2 months ‘til I graduate. But who’s counting?

We’ve arrived at the mid-semester mark, which means my life has suddenly become considerably easier. First, I’m done with my senior paper (still gloating about this a bit, don’t mind me). Secondly, I’m done with my 8-week Music Appreciation class. This leaves me with only Advertising Senior Seminar and Diversity, effectively reducing my course load to a measly 6 hours. Of course, I’ll now be supplementing that light course load with job hunting and grad school applications, and maybe I’ll get back to writing and recording some music, but my stress factor has basically vanished!

Anyway, I’ve just returned from New Orleans, where I presented with a fellow student at the 2011 Conference for the Association of Applied and Clinical Sociology (AACS). The conference was a great success; I met some awesome people, received totally flattering praise from one of the authors of my intro text book, and learned some cool stuff! It was an amazing trip – New Orleans is a fantastic place – and I’m glad Fontbonne decided to support student excellence by sponsoring us on this trip (read: I went to New Orleans for free, and it was amazing). Moral of the story: do well in school and you’ll go places… for free.

This week, I’m skipping town again because it’s my birthday weekend (I’ll be celebrating my second annual 21st birthday!) Thursday night I’ll be flying up to Buffalo, to visit the love of my life at the University at Buffalo where she studies Pharmacy. My parents will also drive in with my beloved dog, Zoey, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. (Zoey is oddly popular on the international level. You can like her on Facebook). Missing class won’t be much of a problem, though I’m not used to traveling this much!

Well that’s where I’m at. Or, where I’ll be? Either way, that magical graduation date is going to be here before I know it… and there’s still a lot to be done before then! Keep at it everyone!