I Can’t Get Away

Last Wednesday night, I didn’t think I would be alive to see the weekend. My first organic exam was the next morning at eight, and quite frankly, I didn’t think I would survive it. Never have I felt so physically nauseous over an exam before! Part of me felt completely terrified that I would get the test and wouldn’t be able to do a single problem. I’ve never really had that experience before, but just imagining it happening made my stomach lurch. The other part of me, though, was strangely excited. What if, instead of not knowing what I was doing, I knew the answer to every question? What if I got an “A” on my first organic exam, and I was able to bring it home the following weekend and obnoxiously tack it up on our refrigerator for all in my family to see as they marveled over my genius? Yes, the possibilities of what could happen the next morning were wrecking havoc on my digestive system and making my whole body—I kid you not—tremble with anxiety.

Well, I won’t see the results of my studying until Tuesday morning. Until then, I have another pile of homework staring me down. While I can’t seem to escape that monster, at least my stomach can relax again until October 24, the date of my next organic exam!

Have a good week!

-Carly

P.S. Somebody please do my homework so I can go see Yuck at the Firebird on Tuesday night.