Going Back Home

Going back home may be just to do laundry, visit with family, or just to see something familiar. Going home for me is all of those things. Last Saturday I took a few extra guests with me. I took three of my Fontbonne friends back to O’Fallon, Mo. You may be thinking “Where is that?” and as I have been telling everyone here for the past three months, it’s about a half hour down Highway 40 going west. I took the girls back for a little St. Charles County vacation.

When we got to my house, my mother and I took them to Historic St. Charles. It is a small part of St. Charles that still has a historic look. It is a street full of beautiful old buildings holding so many stories. The buildings also hold shops carrying all kinds of goodies and plenty of yummy restaurants.  It also includes a beautiful view of the riverfront and part of the famous Katy Trail. It is very popular for wedding pictures and senior pictures. We spent a few hours there looking at all the shops and eating at one of the restaurants.

After that we headed home to relax, order a little pizza, and watch the Cards kick some Ranger butt! I surprised they survived my dad and brother yelling at the TV! The next afternoon, after a nice big cracker barrel brunch and an O’Fallon tour, it was time to head to the reality of college, but what a fun two days it was!