Now that midterms are over, all of my classes are in that stage where we’ve just started a new unit, so there aren’t any impending quizzes or tests to freak out about. This is nice for several reasons:
a) I have a 731-page book on Alexander Hamilton to plow through ASAP for one of my classes. Not looking forward to this.
b) As much as I like learning stuff, school’s not really my thing this semester, and the novelty of the new school year has definitely worn off.
The most exciting reason I’m glad I don’t have much homework!
I’m making a Rally Squirrel costume for Halloween! The plan for the costume seemed simple: just wear head-to-toe brown, wear a Cardinals hat with ears stuck on it, and then use a brown feather boa as a tail.
Everything’s going fine, except for getting that darn tail to look the way I want it to. It’s okay if I double it over, tuck one end of it into the back of my skirt, and safety-pin the rest up my back, but the leftover boa at the top just kind of flops over. To try to fix this, I got my paws – er, hands – on some pipe cleaners and I’m trying to use those to get the end of the boa to kind of curl down at the end and make the tail to look less floppy and more squirrel-y.
I haven’t been very crafty in the past few years, so I’m pretty rusty at this. I’m trying, though!
Despite my current frustration, I’m rather psyched. I’m going to be a GREAT-lookin’ Rally Squirrel (if I do say so myself.)