Dedicated Semester

in Campus Community,Organizations, Activities & Events

On Friday, I took time out from the buzz of the World Series to attend a presentation from Brad Cohen, a teacher who is living with Tourette Syndrome. He started with an inspirational clip from the movie based on his life and followed it up with the heart wrenching and equally inspirational story of the obstacles he has over come in his life. Earlier in the week I had a lady who suffers with hydrocephalus visit one of my classes to tell us about her life story. Both of these presentations touched my heart and reminded me of the reasons I am studying Speech-Language Pathology, and that is to help people overcome their obstacles, and I hope that I will be able to be a part of organizations to help spread knowledge about certain disorders. It’s important to keep yourselves aware of the different things that individuals deal with every day of their lives. That is why I value this dedicated semester on disabilities.