Blood Drive

in Campus Community

On Wednesday, October 5, the Psychology Club sponsored a blood drive. I’ve never given blood before but always wanted to. My grandfather, who died from leukemia when I was in grade school, used to give blood often because he was a rare blood type and wanted to help others. I was very close with him and it was hard when he died, so when I heard the there would be a blood drive right on campus, I knew I would donate in his honor.

To be honest, I was really nervous about giving blood. I’m not really a squeamish person but I was just a little uneasy about how it would work. But once I got there, I realized there was nothing to worry about. It didn’t hurt at all and I felt like I was in good hands. Before I even knew it, I was finished and free to go. But knowing that I helped someone else was such a great feeling.

One of the things about Fontbonne that I like the most is that there is always something to do on campus. Whether it is helping others by donating blood or going to watch a comedian at the DSAC on a Friday night. There is never a dull moment, which is great for someone like me who is always searching for something fun to do!