Bazinga!

Ah, the joys of primetime television. The fall season is and has always been my favorite season of television. Though I’m definitely not what you’d call a TV junkie, I do love sitting down on my couch after a long day, putting my feet up, snacking on some popcorn or other theatrical delicacy, and catching up on some of my favorite shows.

This semester, however, has inadvertently taught me how to be choosy with my shows. I haven’t really watched any TV since school started because I’ve been really busy studying for tests, working on organic chemistry problems, writing lab reports, and reading. Like most people of the twenty-first century, I don’t have a DVR; I still use an old-fashioned VCR to record my favorite television shows on a videotape. Because videotapes will only record for a total of two-and-a-half hours, I can only record about three shows (as long as one of those shows is only a half hour long).

This season, I had hoped to watch Fox’s “Terra Nova” and “X-Factor,” CBS’s “Person of Interest,” and ABC’s “Last Man Standing” (I just love Tim Allen!). These new shows, of course, would have to come after some old favorites like NBC’s “Chuck,” of which I’ve been an avid watcher since its pilot episode during my sophomore year of high school, and “The Big Bang Theory,” which is always chock full of great science jokes to share among my circle of friends.

“So,” you may wonder, “which shows are you actually watching this season?” My answer, for now, would have to be just “The Big Bang Theory.” The final season of “Chuck” (tears and sniffles) begins two weeks from today, so I will most definitely be putting away my chemistry book in order to see the final chapter of my all-time favorite show. Though it’s somewhat upsetting that I won’t be able to actively participate in my favorite season of television, I’m happy to say that my biology classes are definitely worth it. I can’t imagine myself doing anything else (except for, maybe, watching a few other shows during primetime…)

“A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies, ‘For you, no charge.’” – The Big Bang Theory

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Carly October 14, 2011 at 9:58 pm

This joke gets me every time still!

Courtney November 4, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Yep, Carly, it gets me every time, too. We totally need to make organic chem class t-shirts! :)