Elizabeth

I <3 St. Louis

by Elizabeth on October 10, 2011

in In Saint Louis

In the past few days, I’ve been loving the fact that I live in Saint Louis.

Here’s why:

1.  It’s been 80+ degrees this whole week, and will stay like this for a few more days!

Normally, I hate fall because I know that its dropping temps are just the beginning of the insufferable winter.  This fall, though, I’ve been able to keep wearing my shorts and t-shirts into October!

2.  Cardinal. Baseball.

I’m writing this the day after the Cards defeated the Phillies in the 5-game series, and it was super exciting.  Honestly, I didn’t think they’d be able to do it, and I’m still not sure that they’re going to win against the Brewers, but we’ll see.  Also, the squirrel that ran across the field in game 4 was priceless.  I’ve seen birds fly around in the stadium, but never a squirrel!

3. The Muny.  (the city’s outdoor theatre)

The 2012 Muny season was just announced at exactly 9:00 this morning – and it’s really, really good.  They’re doing Aladdin, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Pirates! (which is a revamped Pirates of Penzance), DreamGirls, and a few others (like JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT!) .  Every summer, I sit in the free seats and go to at least one performance of every show (but sometimes I go more than once – I saw Showboat three times a few years ago, and this past year, I saw Bye Bye Birdie twice.)  I can’t wait until summer!

So…that’s why I love Saint Louis.