Till We’re Tired and Crazed in the Mind

by Alumni Posts on September 26, 2011

It’s been way too long since I’ve blogged. It’s been so long, in fact, that I had forgotten my password to get onto the site (actually, I forgot how to log onto the site in general). But after writing “BLOG!” on pretty much every Post-it note that’s covered my MacBook during the course of the past week, I decided that I couldn’t put it off any longer.

This summer I had this ridiculously optimistic mindset about this fall: “Oh, this semester is going to be so easy! Okay, so I have organic chemistry, but surely it isn’t as bad as everyone makes it sound, right?”

WRONG!

When I was in high school, I “took” Spanish for two years. (When I say that I “took” Spanish, I really mean my teacher “taught” for about five minutes, then sat back and ate whatever fast food she brought in for the lunch that day. So what did I learn? Nada!) Organic is akin to learning a foreign language, in a way. Ethers! Alcohols! Alkenes! Amines! Alkanes! Cis! Trans! Seriously, if all of this isn’t enough to keep you hiding out in your room with your monstrous beige chemistry textbook while everyone else thinks you’ve transferred because they never see you anymore, I don’t know what is.

Anyway, our first test is Thursday morning. Fellow blogger Courtney and I are dreading what has been deemed “D-Day” in our planners. Yes, I hope we both survive. If not, well, I’d like to use this blog post to say “Adios” to my dear readers.

-Carly

P.S. I found this line of “Fools” by the Dodos particularly fitting, considering how I feel at the moment. I went to see them last night at Off Broadway. It was quite a loud show.