Getting in the Swing of Things with the Lip Sync Competition

by Alumni Posts on September 21, 2011

in Academics,Campus Community,Career Paths,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events,Uncategorized

I don’t know about you, but I’m exhausted. Four weeks into the school year and everything is in full swing. I know that as a senior, classes are REALLY important now. Not that they weren’t important before, but it just kind of hit me that “Hey, this is your life!”

Luckily there are a few things around here that I have to look forward to to de-stress. One thing that happens when we’re in the thick of it is the Lip Sync competition. I have gone almost every year since I’ve been here, and the year I didn’t go I watched on the performances online. It’s gone from what kind of seemed like a thrown-together event to a full-fledged FAB sensation. The house is usually packed. A lot of that is due to the reigning champs, my classmates Mike Horn and T.J. Eggleston. My sources have told me that these guys are already working on their performance for Friday night. But it’s hush hush–they won’t tell anybody what song they’re going to be doing so they can keep it a surprise. I look forward to finding out what song they chose and if they’re going to be dethroned this year. I hope to see you there!