Well, last night concluded spirit week 2011, and what a week it was!  I got more involved than I planned on, but I do not regret my decision one bit. This past Monday we had a sand volleyball tournament at Concordia Seminary. There was a great turn out, and my team actually won. We won gift cards for Papa John’s, and we got the opportunity to play the staff volleyball team Wednesday night. I was not able to attend the staff vs. student’s volleyball game because my soccer game interfered, but I would like to just say that my team came out and showed the staff who was boss, at least in volleyball. Thursday night, we got to show our skills in singing or not so much, when they had karaoke in the DSAC. I sang a few songs, embarrassed myself a bit, but had a blast while doing it. It seemed that people were really enjoying it!

Then Friday, the big day. The Lip Sync competition of 2011. Now I must say, I am not a person to go in front of crowds and make a fool of myself, but I decided to do just that last night. My friend and I decided last minute to do the lip sync! There was a lot of great competition, and we came out and gave it our all as we did our lip sync to Justin Bieber’s “One Time.” Hilarious, I know.  I am so glad I got the opportunity to do this, and I never knew I could have that much fun facing one of my biggest fears.  Props to the winners for the fourth year in a row, Mike Horn and Tj Eggleston.  And major props to William who came out and gave them some crazy competition. A lot of people believe he was the real first place winner! I hope everyone enjoyed spirit week as much as I did, and thank you FAB for getting all of it together!

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Erica Garcia September 26, 2011 at 4:08 pm

There will also be another Spirit Week next semester, so get excited!!!! :D